Search

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goat Cheese and Fig Jam Pizza

In one of my last posts I told you about the dinner I had with Gil, Daniel's best friend. Did you honestly think I WOULDN'T make an appetizer made of cheesy wonder? These are very similar to the caramelized onion and goat cheese pizzette I made for a party this summer. The differences are that I used gluten free pre-made pizza dough and I added fig jam to balance out the tang from the goat cheese. I'm glad I made two pizzas worth because they were AMAZING!!! And let me tell you, the dough didn't taste any differently than a normal pizza dough. It was crispier but who doesn't like thin crust pizza? The sweetness of the caramelized onions and jam mixed so well with the goat cheese, oh man! You can serve this as a main course or an appetizer at a party. Either way, you'll have extremely happy tummies! 

What you'll need:
1 whole wheat (or gluten free) pizza dough
1/2 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup fig jam
1 cup caramelized onions

1. Follow the directions for the pizza dough and cook it fully (keep the oven on after you finish cooking!).
2. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Spread a light layer of the goat cheese followed by a thin layer of the fig jam.
3. Place the pizza back in the oven for about 5 minutes or just until the cheese is warm. Remove and top with the caramelized onions and cut into 1/8ths. Serve immediately!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment