Search

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cinnamon Honey Butter

In my last post I told you how to make Irish Soda Bread. I was still feeling pretty useless after I had the first slice of the bread and I realized that regular old butter just wouldn't do as a topper for this yummy carb-fest. It needed to be a little more exciting and have a little more flavor so my big brain went to work! Out came the cookbooks and marathons on Food Network!!! Now, because this is a sweet bread, I didn't want to use garlic or anything so harsh so I knew I wanted to stay on the sweet side. I left the butter at room temperature, threw it in a large mixing bowl, and threw in some cinnamon and honey, some kosher salt, and a tiny bit of nutmeg. WOW. This was incredible. It wasn't TOO sweet because the salt balanced it out. It melted so beautifully into the crunchy bread and I just may be drooling at this very moment. This would be great on just about any breakfast toast, waffles, pancakes, or pretty much anything you want! Keep it wrapped in the fridge and it'll last forever (not really, but for a long time)!

What you'll need:
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tbs. honey
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. kosher salt

1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until it's softened and broken down. 
2. Add the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Beat until fully combined.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment