Search

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Baked Marinara and Goat Cheese Appetizer

Ok, if you'e not fully aware by now my unrealistic obsession with goat cheese then you must be hiding under a very large, soundproof rock. I don't know what it is but it is so thick and creamy and has such a powerful tang that I just can't seem to stay away from it!!! At dinner with my two best girlfriends a few weeks ago one of them told me about this appetizer she had with goat cheese and marinara. That's it. Baked until bubbly and my mouth immediately started to water. Unfortunately, Daniel doesn't like goat cheese, my mom is vegan, and El is lactose intolerant so I had nobody to make it for and I just couldn't bring myself to make it for just me. I'm not that pathetic (ok, yes it am). Alas!!! Lindsay and I decided to have a date and watch Girls (amazing, right?) and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try this out. Luckily, my mom and El were out of town so I decided to clean out the fridge. I found a log of goat cheese begging to be used so I quickly assembled the dish and let it sit in the fridge until I was ready to take it to her house. To make myself not feel as bad, we served it with a homemade caesar salad. Cut the goat cheese pats so they are the same level as the marinara sauce, bake until its bubbly and ooey gooey and you are ready for a decadently, sinfully delicious appetizer that will be sure to please your fellow cheese lovers.

What you'll need:
1 ceramic baking dish
1 log goat cheese
1 jar marinara sauce

1. Preheat your oven to 425*.
2. Pour the marinara sauce so it comes up about 3/4-1" up the side of the baking dish. Cut the goat cheese into 1" high pats and scatter over the marinara sauce (it is VERY important that the sauce does NOT NOT NOT cover the goat cheese or else it won't melt properly).
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes and serve with some crostini and a lovely salad.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment