Search

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Breakfast Sandwich

If you can find me one person in the world that doesn't secretly LOVE a McDonald's breakfast then I'll personally do your laundry for a year. Unsuccessful? Yea, I thought so! We had some of the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches in the freezer but I just didn't feel right about microwaving my breakfast on a Sunday. I have been on a roll cooking this weekend so I decided to make my own! It's not just about how easy they are to make, but you are able to control the amount of anything you put it in. Today, I made a French omelet, some bacon (which I cook in the oven BTW), and a little bit of shredded fontina cheese on a fat free english muffin. Before I had a chance to ask Daniel if he was enjoying his, his plate was empty and there was a tiny piece of egg hanging off the side of his mouth... I guess that answers your question as to how good it was. You can certainly put whatever you want on it but I went classic with eggs, bacon, and cheese and all parties involved had happy tummies!

What you'll need (for two sandwiches):
2 extra large eggs
2 english muffins
4 strips bacon
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used fontina)
1 tsp. margarine

1. Preheat your oven to 400*. Bake your bacon on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes (NO LONGER THAN THAT!). Remove to a plate lined with paper towels and let cool for a few minutes. Next, make your French omelet. Cut into quarters and set aside.
2. Toast your english muffins until they're golden brown. Place 1/4 of your omelet on the bottom half of the english muffin. Next, layer the bacon and top with the cheese.
3. Spread some of the margarine (or butter) on the top half of your english muffin and start eating!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment