Search

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day


I want to wish my daddy and my step-dad a happy Father's Day. I am who I am because of you both. Most kids are lucky to have one father in their life but I am even luckier to have you both. I love you more than words can say and I owe all of my successes and accomplishments to you. Thank you for your unconditional love and support over these past 25 years. I'm sure I haven't always made it easy but I love you both. Happy Father's Day, Daddy and El. And Happy Father's Day to my grandpa Carter, too!

I also want to take a minute to say Happy Father's Day to my grandpa, Bob, who passed away 7 years ago today. He was the perfect gentleman, decked out in head-to-toe Brooks Brothers every single day of his life (he once owned a pair of jeans but after wearing them once, by force, they mysteriously disappeared...). I miss your kisses and pinches every day, grandpa. I hope you're chowing down on a Sky High with pickles and a martini, shaken, not stirred, very cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment