Search

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chicken Fajitas


Hola! This is part 2 of my previous post. Going along with the theme of Mexican Food, I made INCREDIBLE Chicken Fajitas! Though I know it seems like I much more enjoy Italian food, Mexican is my absolute favorite! However, I have never been a huge fan of Fajitas; I'm usually a tostada, quesadilla, and bean & cheese burrito type of girl. Nevertheless, I didn't want to deny Daniel of another fabulous meal, so here came my FIRST attempt at chicken fajitas (I've made steak in the past, but they weren't too great... I'm still learning to master the art of cooking meat). And because I used fajita seasoning, it was incredibly easy! I promise, this is one dish you will LOVE!!!

What you'll need:
1 pack  of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (if possible, breast tenders. They're already cut into small pieces)
1 large onion thinly sliced
1 pack of frozen bell peppers (come on, let's let some things be easy!) or fresh, cut into thin slices
1 pack of fajita seasoning (if you're not using, then you can use chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt... mess with the portions of each depending o) how spicy you like it)
salt & pepper
2 tbs. grape seed oil (much healthier for cooking with than olive oil)

1. Cut the chicken into long, thin slices.

2. Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet, and sauté the chicken until cooked all the way through (because they're thin pieces, it will be about 3-5 minutes per side AT MOST!)

3. Add the peppers and onions and salt & pepper. Sauté until the onions have lost the bitter taste, about 5 minutes.

4. Follow the directions on the fajita seasoning (if you're using, then use the spices listed above).
 

5. As it's cooking, prepare your toppings (we used LOW CARB tortillas from Whole Foods, 10g of carbs per tortilla!!! Also, sour cream, guacamole, fat free refried beans, and shredded cheddar cheese)
6. When it's finished cooking, serve RIGHT away!!!


disfruta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment