This is what you'll need (enough for 4 Paninis):
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup sundried tomatoes (which we put in the food processor, making them MUCH easier to spread and eat)
1 cup basil pesto
1 cup arugula
salt & pepper
1 tbs. FRESH rosemary
1. As if you were going to bread and fry the chicken breasts, cut them in half, length wise, making them extra thin, place inside two pieces of plastic wrap, and use a mallet to pound out and make very thin.
2. Season each side with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary, finely chopped.
3. Grill, or sauté, each piece of chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side (just until it has those nice grill marks. You don't want to overcook it).
4. Place your ciabatta loaf on a cutting board, cut into 4 pieces, then slice down the middle of each piece, creating a sandwich.
5. Here, you can really put anything you want on either side. I put the pesto and a little aioli (from Whole Foods) and pesto on one side, and the sundried tomatoes and mozzarella on the other side.
4. Wash the arugula and place a hand full on the bottom half of the bread (if you put it on the top half, you'll lose them all trying to assemble).
|"The Sunday Night Tradition"|