Search

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

For date night this week, I wanted to do something different. I'm pretty sick of pasta or fish right now and I have had a yen for using my crock pot. It was cold enough to be able to use it tonight so I decided to bring it out and make something new. What part of the world did I want to visit, though? Well, I decided to go south of the border and make enchiladas! This is a very low carb, organic and healthy meal that I promise will leave you with AMAZING leftovers (well, at least I THINK so... they were turned into nachos and devoured before I got a chance to clean up!). I used the Gloria's brand of low carb flour tortillas (genuinely low carb, only 10 carbs per tortilla. That's GOOD!!!) Sorry, I hate corn tortillas. Now get out of here and go try this recipe! Ole!!!

What you'll need:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (organic!)
3 tbs. taco seasoning
1 can corn, drained
1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
1 16 oz. jar salsa
Enchilada sauce (make it easy on yourself and buy the bottled kind from Trader Joe's)
3 ripe avocados
1 cup light mexican shredded cheese
5-8 low carb flour tortillas (Gloria's brand from Whole Foods)
1/2 cup sour cream

1. Preheat your oven to 400*.
2. Place the chicken and salsa in the crock pot (cut the chicken breasts in half if you want them to cook faster and shred easier).
 
3. Rinse the beans, then dump in the pot with the chicken, salsa, and add the corn, too. 
 
4. Add the taco seasoning and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6.
5. After everything is finished cooking, use a fork to shred the chicken, take about 2 spoonfuls and place in the middle of the tortillas. Roll them as tightly as possible and place in a GREASED pyrex dish (add a little bit of the enchilada sauce, too!).
6. Once you've placed all of the rolled tortillas in the dish, top with a light drizzle of enchilada sauce, the cheese, and one more drizzle of the enchilada sauce.
 
7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
8. Remove and serve with chopped avocados and a drizzle of sour cream on top.

disfrutas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment