Search

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Albondigas


Last night I had dinner at my dad's house. I was so excited about how well the enchiladas came out the night before that I decided to make them again. This time, I only let the chicken go for 2 hours on high and it was PERFECTLY tender and moist. They shredded so well and cooked to perfection. But there were 6 of us so I needed something else to go on the side. I have never had albondigas, a Mexican meatball soup, before but my dad LOVES it so I gave it a try. Since I've never even tried it, I wasn't sure it tasted too great. Well, 3 bowls later, I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it! This is super EASY and pretty yummy side dish to have with any Mexican meal!

What you'll need:
1 lb. ground beef (organic, please!!!)
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
about 4-5 carrots, chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 24 oz. can of diced tomatoes, juice included
4 cups beef broth (low sodium if you can find it)
Cumin (as much or as little as you want)
Chili pepper (again, as much or as little as you want)
Mexican oregano (you guessed it, as much or as little as you want)
1/2 cup long grain rice (brown rice is ok, too)

1. Place the chopped onions, carrots, beef broth, canned tomatoes, and seasonings in a large pot and bring it to a boil.

2. As it's boiling, mix the beef, bread crumbs, milk, and egg in a large bowl and make into small meatballs.

3. Once the pot is boiling, reduce to a simmer, add the meatballs and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. After about 10 minutes, reduce the heat to low, add the rice, and let cook for about 15-20 minutes.

5. Remove and serve HOT, season with cilantro (YUCKY!!!!! Me no likey!!!) or a sprinkle of Mexican cheese.

disfrutan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment