Search

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

***As of September 18, 2012, I have edited this recipe ONCE AGAIN!!!***

Most of us have been on the search for nearly our entire lives for the PERFECT chocolate chip cookie. My grandmother makes some INCREDIBLE ones but I've never been able to reproduce them. Usually I get lazy and use the box mix but tonight I felt like making some from scratch! Ok, who am I kidding?! I wanted to eat some cookie dough but I was out of the box stuff!!! I made the dough and after about 2 bites I was sick to my stomach from all of the sugar so I figured I better save myself and bake the rest. So I searched for a recipe that looked pretty simple yet yummy. I found a few, tweaked them, and make my own chocolate chip cookies :) They're pretty crunchy around the edges and gooey in the middle, just the way chocolate chip cookies should be!!!

What you'll need:
3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. kosher salt

1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

2 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 350*.
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda (remember, this will get all of the lumps out of the flour).
3. Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in an electric mixer.
4. Add the eggs, once at a time, followed by the vanilla.
5. SLOWLY add the flour mixture (YOU DON'T WANT TO WEAR IT, SO DO IT SLOWLY!) and finally the chocolate chips.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and make about 1 inch balls of the dough about 1-2 inches apart. *** To make the cookies flat and more crunchy around the edges, smush them down a little bit***
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes MAX. NO LONGER THAN 10 MINUTES!!! They WILL feel a little mushy, but they'll be crunchy around the edges and chewy inside. 
8. Let cool for a minute or two and transfer to a cooling rack.
9. Serve with milk

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment