Search

Friday, February 24, 2012

Baked Chicken Nuggets

Holy moley. I have to hand it to myself, this was a pretty darn good meal! I usually stick to the same boring recipe for making chicken fingers (bread crumbs, parmesan, flour & eggs) but I didn't feel like doing that tonight. Plus, I'm trying to eat healthier AND I like things super crunchy (basically burnt). The key to making this recipe so great was using ONLY panko bread crumbs. It make the nuggets have this light yet crunchy coating that was delishhh! They're super tender and they're NOT bad for you! I serve it with sweet potato fries and green beans and it was an absolutely PERFECT dinner! Om nom nom this was just so good my mouth is watering just looking at the pictures!!!

What you'll need:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup whole wheat panko
2 tbs. regular panko
2 tbs. grated parmesan cheese (fresh, please!)
1 extra large egg
Salt & pepper
Olive oil spray

1. Preheat your oven to 425*
2. Cut your chicken into pieces that are about the size of a quarter.
3. Make your dredging station (one bowl egg, the other one the breadcrumbs and parmesan).
4. Spray a cookie sheet with the olive oil spray.
5. Dip your chicken pieces into the eggs then the breadcrumb/ parm mixture then place them on your cookie sheet.
6. Once they're all on the sheet, spray the tops with the olive oil spray (this will give them a nice golden color on top). Bake for about 8-10 minute (take one out at 8 minutes and cut it in half to see if it's cooked all the way through).
7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (ok ok ok I hoard the In-N-Out sauce, SUE ME!!!).
 


enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment