Search

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fried Artichoke Hearts


The end of award show season is nearing (tear :'() and for the Grammys, we couldn't decide what to make. I usually try to stick to a theme, so I thought Italian. But we all know how much I love Italian food so of course my mind went wild. The first appetizer I settled on was fried artichoke hearts (because Midge wanted them). It's probably the easiest thing I've ever made and I am NOT a fan of artichokes. But, I LOVED them!!! They're crispy on the outside, smooth on the inside, and dipped into a delicious aioli sauce made them PERFECT!!!

What you'll need:
1 cup vegetable oil
1 bag frozen artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's (do NOT use canned!!!)
1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
2 extra large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 large sauce pan (I used a wok and it was perfect) for frying

1. Create a dredging station: 1 bowl with the beaten eggs and milk and the other bowl with the bread crumbs.

2. Let the artichoke hearts defrost in the fridge overnight.
3. Make sure your oil is hot, but not TOO hot (If you stick the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil and tiny bubbles come up, then it's perfectly ready).
4. Dip the artichoke hearts into the eggs then bread crumbs then put into the oil for MAYBE 5 seconds.
5. Lay them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the access grease. While they're still hot, sprinkle with a TINY bit of parmesan cheese and salt.

6. SERVE HOT!!! Place on your platter with a bowl of aioli (recipe here) and you're ready to go!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment