Search

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pulled Chicken Tacos


I feel like such a bag blogger lately :( I've been so busy with moving and work and being sick that I've barely been cooking at all. I did, however, have a total hankering for mexican food the other night, yet I did not have the time to do a full night of cooking. Ah Hah!!! I pulled out my trusty crock pot and knew it would be the PERFECT tool for a yummy, comforting, and easy meal to satisfy my yen for tacos. It totally falls apart and is super moist and tender. AHHH my mouth is watering just thinking about it. and let me just tell you, that as it sits in the fridge, it gets better and better so you can certainly make this a day ahead and let the flavors sit even longer! These crock pot pulled chicken tacos are a total crowd pleaser and are perfect for dinner, parties, or if you're just jonesin' for some yummy chicken.

What you'll need (this makes a LOT so plan accordingly):
4 boneless skinless chicken breases
2 jars of salsa (your choice but I love the chipotle garlic salsa and chunky salsa from Trader Joe's)
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tbs. kosher salt
2 tbs. fajita seasoning (you can use taco seasoning but I used fajita seasoning and it was PERFECT!)
1 tsp. cayenne pepper

1. Pour half of one of the jars of salsa on the bottom of your crock put (so the chicken doesn't burn).

2. Place your chicken breasts (please rinse them!!!) in the crock pot and pour the remainder of the salsa on top.

3. Add the fajita seasoning, salt, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes and stir.


4. Put the top on, put on low, and cook for 8 hours (or on high for 4).

5. Pull the chicken apart while it is STILL in the crock pot and serve with your favorite condiments (like Guacamole)!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment